59. "Jewish Communities of Iran and their Dialects," Jean de Menasce Memorial Volume, ed. by Ph. Gignoux and A. Tafazzoli, Paris, 1974, pp. 453-66.
60. "Persian Literature of the Safavid Period: Progress or Decline?" Isfahan under the Reign of Shah Abbas the Great: A Symposium, Vol. I, ed. O. Grabar, Harvard University Press, 1974, pp. 217-70.
61. "Pourdavud: In Memoriam" (Be yåd-e Purdåvud), Pourdavud Memorial Volume, ed. I. Afshar (Vol. 21 of Farhang-e Iran Zamin), 1976, pp. 7-15.
62. "The List of Achaemenid Kings in al-Biruni and Bar Hebraeus," Biruni Symposium, ed. E. Yarshater and D. Bishop, New York: Center for Iranian Studies, Columbia University, 1976, pp. 49-65.
63. "Cultural Developments in Iran," Iran: Past, Present and Future, ed. J.W. Jacqz, New York: Aspen Institute for Humanistic Studies, 1976, pp. 407-20.
64. "Azari, the Ancient Language of Azerbaijan," Danesh-nama-ye Iran-o Eslam (Encyclopedia of Iran and Islam) I, 1, Tehran: 1976, pp. 61-69.
65. Introduction, ibid., pp. 9-33.
66. Introduction to Tarikh-e Sistan, tr. M. Gold, Rome: IsMEO, 1977.
67. "The Hybrid Language of the Iranian Jews," JAOS XCVII, 1, 1977, pp. 1-8.
68. "Modern Persian Poetry," preface to An Anthology of Modern Persian Poetry, tr. A. Karimi Hakkak, New York: Bibliotheca Persica, 1978, pp. xiii-xiv.
69. Introduction to The History of Shah 'Abbas by Eskandar Beg Monshi, tr. R. Savory, 3 vols., New York: Bibliotheca Persica, 1979-86, pp. xii-xiv.
70. "Ta'zieh and Pre-Islamic Mourning Rites in Iran," Ta'zieh: Ritual Drama in Islam, ed. P. Chelkowski, New York University and Soroush Presses, 1979, pp. 88-95.
71. Introduction to Sadeq Hedayat: An Anthology, ed. E. Yarshater, New York: Bibliotheca Persica, 1979.
72. Introduction to Wisdom of the Sassanian Sages (Dinkart, Book VI), tr. S. Shaked, New York: Bibliotheca Persica, 1980, pp. 363-77.
73. Introduction to Memoirs, by Qasem Ghani, Vol. VI, London: 1981.